Wednesday 16 April 2008

A publication gift to myself...

So, Becca's bride-hunting antics have been out in the world for nearly a month, now, and as yet I haven't had the papparazzi beating down my door, or been invited onto GMTV to share the secrets of my outstanding success. I believe this is pretty normal, and am comforting myself with a) the kind comments on the blog, b) nice snippets that Google Alerts keep sending me, like this tres gentil review from Red Wheelbarrow's blog (can I justify a Eurostar trip to Paris, to say thanks in person? And is review masculine or feminine and so shoule it be gentille?) and, c), the knowledge that the lack of photographers camped outside the house means I can continue to pop to the dry-cleaners without full make-up and foundation garments as recommended by the legend that is Gok Wan.

But I still haven't succeeded in finding a little gift to mark publication. I did go to Tiffany and the only thing I really adored turned out, alas, not to be a cute silver trinket but a PLATINUM pendant of eye-watering expensiveness. I was tempted by the pink handbag in LK Bennett but I didn't LOVE it enough, and I worried that it would just show up my other, less designer, accessories.

So I've bought a rocket garden instead. How cute are they? I've got for a kids' garden on the grounds that it's the easiest to grow, and also contains potatoes. Yum. I admit, it's neither sparkly, nor pink, but with the world shortage of food I feel I ought to be doing my bit, digging for victory, all that jazz. I realise this may herald the start of Middle Age, but then again, gardening is quite cool, now, isn't it? And when my friends are all paying a fiver for a single cherry tomato, I predict that I shall become the It Girl of Container Gardening, the Tara Tuber-Potkinston of South West London.

It also encourages me to get away from my laptop and fantasise about earthy men with green fingers. Or something...

Now, if you haven't entered the fab spa day competition yet, you only have until April 30.

Re: sightings, so far it seems WH Smiths are scoring highest with blogging chums (I am mightily relieved as I was sure they'd all disappeared). But I believe the book should be going on sale in some Tesco stores from tomorrow, so do pop it your basket if you're passing. Cheaper than a tub of Ben & Jerry's and lasts at least twice as long (especially in my household).

11 comments:

Red Wheelbarrow said...

Hello Amy!
How nice that you liked the review I wrote! And yes, it would be great if you could come and visit our bookstore in Paris. And I'm happy to tell you that we sold all the copies we had of your book!

kathall3552 said...

I'm 29 years old and live in north wales and I have just finished reading the bride hunter...loved it!! I've read alot of chic lit books since the end of a very important relationship in October 2007, they have kept me going. This was fabulous and I couldn't put it down. I bought it from Asda. Thank you Amy this book has cheered me up so much, I loved the character of becca and hope I grow up to be as glamourous as Georgie!!

Thank you very much and I look forward to the next book.

Unknown said...

Well it will be spotted here in Dubai as a friend picked it up when she was back in the UK for. It's the next book in the tbr pile :-)

lisa_hx said...

I bought my copy of bride hunter from Asda, i have to tell you i was hooked! I love girly book and this was one of the best i have ever read, i was very sad to have got to the last chapter as i wanted it to continue. I hope all your other books are as good as this one!
Good luck
Lisa x

Jane Henry said...

Hello Amy. Hope you don't mind being tagged for a music meme... Hope the books sales are going well. xxx j

CharlieC said...

This book made me smile after a year of crushing misery. Thank you
x

Huddy J. said...

AMY!

I love the Bride Hunter! It was love at first sight and bought on impulse, but i definitely did not regret buying & reading it. Worth every dollar! Thank you!

:)
Huda,Singapore

Xtina said...

Hello Amy!

I'm from Valencia, Spain. This summer I went to London & I got to read your book from a library. I really love it! It is fantastic! I hope I can get my own copy soon! Keep writting!!

XX

Cris.

Unknown said...

If you know this, then you also probably know that most people today that wear a Breitling
are not pilots of any kind; except perhaps pilots of luxury and status symbols. This is not a bad thing and in retrospect Bentley 6.75
has definitely made its money off those that seek and can afford luxury items over the percentage of the population that knows how to fly a plane. Bentley Motors
have received mass press from the many celebrities that wear them as well. Bentley Motors T
primarily makes men's watches, so it is men that primarily wear them. Celebrities like Brad Pitt, John Travolta (also a certified pilot), Dave Chapelle, Tom Cruise and Simon Cowell are all fans and have given many of Breitling's collections a good rap.

RosieMayxo said...

I love your book, ive read it about 7 times and know it inside out. Your such an inspiration for young women like myself that need help. The book is so glamorous and chich but also witty and intelligent. Thank you ver much for such an enjoyable read, hopefully there is a next one

RosieMayxo said...

I love your book, ive read it about 7 times and know it inside out. Your such an inspiration for young women like myself that need help. The book is so glamorous and chich but also witty and intelligent. Thank you ver much for such an enjoyable read, hopefully there is a next one