Monday 10 March 2008

Charmed, I'm sure

It's blowing a proper gale here in London - the weather to curl with a good book. Instead of which, I have been trying to write a good book, and failing rather. Instead of this I re-arranged the kitchen cupboard and threw out some Lloyd Grossman pasta sauce with a use-by date of 2006. This is virtually an heirloom.

On the downside, my amazon rating is down to 176,781 (it'll probably have slumped even further by the time you read this). But on the plus side, I got a huge box delivered this morning and IT'S MY BOOKS. How pink are they? I explained to the delivery guy what it was and he was almost as excited as me (even though he was worried about getting a parking ticket as I rambled on). And the book is also Pick of the Month on the Orion website. Now, OK, Orion are my publisher so perhaps they are biased, but it's still cool, n'est-ce pas?

I think I might buy myself for publication day, to mark the momentous launch of The Bride Hunter on an unsuspecting (and probably largely indifferent) public. It would be nice to have something to remember the occasion by. I am currently toying with a charm bracelet - metaphorically - and though my aspirations are Tiffany, my budget is more Bombay Duck. I thought perhaps I could buy a new charm for every book, though as I currently have a two-book deal, and publishing is very precarious, the bracelet might end up looking very sparse. Any other ideas?

7 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

It must be lovely to have a huge box of your books delivered. How satisfying.

Amy Appleton said...

Thanks, Helen, it is very satisfying! I am not sure now whether to give them away or insist my friends and family all buy them to get sales off to a good start...

Stephanie Zia said...

Pick of the month wey hey! xx

Michelle said...

Pick of the Month is always good. :) I wish you every sucess. By all means come along to my forum, and tell my readers about it.

Amy Appleton said...

Thanks Amanda. Though, like I said, they are biased.

Michelle, I shall pop over later! Thanks for the invitation...

Miss Daisy Frost said...

Dear Miss Amy
Thanks so much for linking to my site. I will do likewise - us publishing girls must stick together!
I hope your publishers weren't TOO upset about my tongue-in-cheek posting about the Orion Authors Party!
Wait until they read the 2500 words of fun I will be having at the London Book Fair on my Daily Diary...
XMissDaisyFx
www.missdaisyfrost.com

Unknown said...

Great words gmartin -- I think most of us had a knee jerk reaction to Coach Outlet
annoucement.. my heart was hurting for him; his family; not so much the school and football program but then reality set in and thoughts of Bob Stoops being our head Coach Ergo
came into my head.. that is when it hit me... Coach Gallery
is leaving... to be our head coach no more.. I was just sick.... sick for him; sick for Gatornation -- but still wanting Coach Hamptons
to take care of himself and his health -- I was so happy that he decided to take the leave of absence option;