Monday 17 March 2008

First real life sighting...

...courtesy of Mad Mutha, in my comments! Seen and bought in Waterstone's, hoorah (thank you, MM)...And it's also in stock at various websites. So I guess this is it.

Actually, I have found a new way of torturing myself. You go to the Waterstone's website, click on Check Availability, and then fret about why stocks are low at Hatchard's Piccadilly and the Nugent Shopping Park in Orpington (I don't think, much as I would love to, that it's because it's sold out there!).

This way madness lies, I know, because the temptation might be to go back tomorrow and ask why there are so many greens (suggesting lots of stock) and why no-one's buying it. Must find some distractions...

But...anyone else seen it yet?

7 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

I will make a point of going and looking for it! x

Lucy Diamond said...

Oooh - I will hunt down a copy this weekend. Hoorah!!

CL Taylor said...

Just wanted to let you know I popped into Waterstones on Gower Street, London on my way home from work today to look for your book. Unfortunately it wasn't on the 3 for 2 desk with the rest of the chick lit books but it was on the shelf under A and it was facing out (and it had a 3 for 2 sticker on it). There were three or four of them.

How do Waterstones decide what goes on the table? I noticed a few other books facing out with the 3 for 2 sticker on that weren't on the table.

Michelle said...

Ooh.. it's a bit like getting obsessed with web stats for sites and blogs! hehe

Amy Appleton said...

Oh, thank you all: do let me know, Helen and Lucy, what you find.

Cal, I really don't know the answer to that. I must admit I did think that if you're in the 3 for 2s (which publishers pay a premium for) then you got to be on the tables as well, because lots of customers never quite get to the shelves. But at least I know I'm not alone. Perhaps Gower Street has a very small table?!

Michelle, yes, it's exactly like that!

Emma said...

I bought The Bride Hunter from one of the biggest bookstores in Helsinki, Finland. I read it and thought it was very good and funny, not like every other chick lit book. I hope you finish your second novel soon, I can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

If you know this, then you also probably know that most people today that wear a Breitling
are not pilots of any kind; except perhaps pilots of luxury and status symbols. This is not a bad thing and in retrospect Bentley 6.75
has definitely made its money off those that seek and can afford luxury items over the percentage of the population that knows how to fly a plane. Bentley Motors
have received mass press from the many celebrities that wear them as well. Bentley Motors T
primarily makes men's watches, so it is men that primarily wear them. Celebrities like Brad Pitt, John Travolta (also a certified pilot), Dave Chapelle, Tom Cruise and Simon Cowell are all fans and have given many of Breitling's collections a good rap.